Aimpoint just announced a new red dot that’s to be released at the SHOT Show next week. The Acro S-2 is designed for use on shotguns with a vent rib. It’s geared toward bird and small game hunters and sporting clays shooters. Being that it attaches right to the vent rib (using a variety of optics plates) you can use it with your existing shotgun; you don’t need a new optics-ready one. As I crept past the age of 50 and started seeing my iron sights turn fuzzy, I’ve really come to appreciate how much a red-dot sight can help. I used to be in that group of guys who considered red dots new fangled contraptions for the young kids, and that would never replace irons. Age, and improvements in durability and battery life, have made me reconsider that point of view and realize that a good red dot is a handy tool no matter who you are. Check out the press release info below. If you’re headed to SHOT head on over to Aimpoint’s booth to get a first hand look.
Aimpoint announced the release of their new Acro S-2 sight for 2024. Designed specifically for use on shotguns with a ventilated rib, the Acro S-2 is built to enhance the hit percentage for small game, bird hunting and on the sporting clays course. The sight provides a compact, low-profile optic for shotgun hunters and sport shooters looking to enhance their aim.
The integrated carbon-fiber reinforced mounting system is designed to position the Acro S-2 on the lowest optical axis without adding unnecessary weight. The optic attaches directly to the ventilated rib and includes eight interchangeable adapter plates to accommodate most standard shotguns. The Aimpoint Acro S-2 is built without protruding features that might snag on brush or when casing the shotgun. The low optical axis of 15 mm allows for proper mounting of the gun to the cheek.
The large 9 MOA red dot is designed to simplify lead visualization, enhancing muzzle swing and barrel positioning, while the clear lens provides a wide-open field of view for both-eyes-open shooting. In fact, for shooters who are cross-eye dominant, this new sight allows a shooter to use their strong side eye while shooting without an ocular or having to switch sides all together.
“Adding the Acro S-2 sight to your shotgun provides invaluable feedback, as the red dot shows exactly where the bore is relative to the target. It makes a superb training tool for beginners, shortens the learning curve and provides for immediate success,” says Brian Lisankie, president of Aimpoint.
- 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of operation on one battery
- Fits most ventilated shotgun ribs on the market
- Ultra -low integrated shotgun rib mount – Interchangeable base plates included to accommodate most rib sizes (.24 to .47in or 6-12mm)
- Height of Optical Axis 15 mm (0.6 in) measured from top surface of mechanical interface
- 9 MOA dot size
- Ultra -low integrated and carbon fiber reinforced rib mount – Interchangeable base plates included to accommodate most rib sizes (6-12mm
- 10 intensity settings with higher maximum settings for bright sky condition
- Waterproof, lightweight, compact, and fully enclosed protective housing
- INCLUDES: Interchangeable Base Plates, Base Plate Selection Guide, CR2032 Battery, Aimpoint® Tool
- MSRP: $755